Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tomorrow!

Good afternoon families -

Tomorrow is it - the first day of 5th grade!  We have been excitedly preparing for you and have many fun things in store.  Please remember 4 composition journals, pencils, water bottle, and cash or check made out to Maplewood for $40.  And as you know, we are out in the portables, room A-2 (not as far as 4th grade), doors open at 7:50am, and students will get to choose where they sit tomorrow - just as a heads up.

Also, thank you to those who let me know my first attempt at having parents on Google Classroom failed....  So let's try Blogger by clicking here:  https://smithclass2018.blogspot.com/

Another one of the good things to come this year is that we will have a student teacher joining us, Mr. Connell.  Those of you who had Mrs. Looney last year are aware of the advantages that come with this.  Below is an introduction from him.  

Greetings 5th grade,
My name is Austin Connell and I am a graduate student at The Lewis & Clark School of Education. I'm very excited to announce that I will be attending your class throughout the 2017-2018 school year.  I grew up here in Portland, Oregon & went to elementary, middle and high school just a few miles away from Maplewood.   Having the opportunity to work in Portland Public Schools means the world to me because I have the opportunity to give back to the community that gave me so much.  I graduated from The Evergreen State College in Olympia Washington in 2012 where I received my bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in education.  I have been working in the education field since graduating where I have worked with students of all ages from toddlers to teenagers. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all in the coming months.  I also anticipate that many learning opportunities will come about for all parties involved.  See you all first thing in the morning!

Regards,
Austin David Latourette Connell

Sleep well tonight.  I know I won't - too excited!  And see you in the morning.

Suzanne L. Smith
Maplewood, 5th Gradephone:  (503) 916-6308email:  ssmith@pps.nethttp://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/maplewood/329.htm
             "I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework."                                                                                                                                     -Lily Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parent-Student-Teacher CONFERENCE sign-ups

Parent-Student-Teacher CONFERENCES 2018 signup.com